Saturday, 20 October 2012

A lovely cream tea courtesy of Delimann


Recently I was contacted by the lovely people at Delimann to see if I would like to try out one of their Christmas Cream Teas. I was immediately intrigued by this idea because a) I love a cream tea and b) I'd never heard or thought of having one delivered before!

I'd never heard of Delimann before, but a little online research told me that the company has been trading in Bovey Tracey since 1837 and is still being run by the same family, on the same premises - albeit, they've been somewhat extended!  They now have a successful (and very busy buy the sounds of it!) online retail shop with an array of local produce and gifts and hampers available to be delivered all over the country.

When I received my Christmas Cream Tea I was wow'ed straightaway. It was packaged beautifully with a lovely handwritten note. It immediately struck me that this makes a wonderful gift for somebody.


In the box you get everything you need for a festive cream tea - and a proper Devon one at that! The box includes two oversized Devon scones that are freshly baked on the day of despatch, Devonshire clotted cream made on a local farm using milk from Jersey cows, the award winning Delimann strawberry jam that is made in small batches for maximum flavour, along with some West Country teabags.  Not only this but you also received a Gisela Graham Reindeer Mug - this was perfect for me as it's totally my style and in keeping with the rest of my Christmas mug collection, a wooden reindeer gift tag/tree decoration and some delicious organic Delimann clotted cream fudge. All this is gift wrapped in a bespoke rustic box.


Of course there was really only one thing to do, and that was to sample the cream tea! The scones were definitely over-sized and were very fresh, the strawberry jam was beautifully sweet and the clotted cream was deliciously creamy.  It was just yummy and in fact the only thing that could have made it better would have been someone else making the tea and bringing it to me whilst I sat with my feet up watching Modern Family re-runs. 


I'm really grateful for Delimann introducing me to their wonderful delivery service. I've searched endlessly in the past for something that I could send as a gift to someone in place of flowers and cupcakes and I think I've found it! I've already decided to send one of their  Georgie Porgie Pudding and Pie hampers to my boss and his wife for Christmas and cannot wait until it's my sister-in-laws birthday in February as I am going to send her a birthday Cream tea!

The Christmas Cream Tea is priced at £19.50 and you can check it out on the Delimann website by clicking here. Don't forget to look at their other gift ideas too!

3 comments:

  1. Wow what a great idea this looks so lovely. I'd love it for a special treat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would recommend to all.an amazing company which go that extra mile. Their cream tea is out of this world& a pure delight to receive.

    ReplyDelete

I always like to hear your thoughts, so please do leave a comment!